ProMIS Neurosciences is working to detect, target and treat the root causes of neurodegenerative diseases affecting millions of families globally
By targeting the right drug to the right patient by using both a diagnostic
and a therapeutic together – has had dramatic positive impact in a number of
diseases. It appears to be important in Alzheimer’s and neurodegenerative
disease as well.
As its primary objective, the Company will focus on the discovery and
development of precision therapeutics directed against several strains of
misfolded, neurotoxic prion forms of Amyloid beta (Aβ), the root cause of
Is centered on the growing consensus that prion forms of misfolded proteins are key drivers of neurodegenerative diseases. Prion forms of misfolded proteins are characterized by their neurotoxicity and ability to progressively spread throughout the brain, killing neurons. Numerous neurodegenerative diseases exhibit toxic, prion-like protein misfolding, in particular Alzheimer’s disease (AD), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and Parkinson’s disease (PD). Recent published evidence indicates that for a given misfolded protein there exist multiple prion-like strains, each strain representing a target against which specific therapeutics can be developed. ProMIS has identified distinct targets on strains of misfolded SOD1 in ALS and on misfolded strains of Amyloid beta in AD.
Core Science & Technology
,Neil Cashman has been among the leaders in the field of misfolded proteins (with over 300 publications and over 10,000 citations and 45 patent applications), and is one of several leading researchers of strain specific protein misfolding.
ProMIS Neurosciences, Inc. utilizes two proprietary computational
discovery technologies, ProMIS™ and Collective Coordinates, to predict novel
targets known as Disease Specific Epitopes (DSEs) on the molecular surface of
misfolded proteins. ProMIS™ Neurosciences has a broad patent estate granted
relating to misfolded SOD1 in ALS and multiple patents submitted for disease
specific epitopes (targets) on misfolded Amyloid beta in AD.
Harnessing the Power of Precision Medicine
Massive market opportunity & unmet medical need
No therapies available today to stop progression of Alzheimer’s disease (AD). Total US AD healthcare costs > $500BB, expected to triple over next 10-15 years. ProMIS products are uniquely designed to block the toxic strains of Amyloid beta, to stop the fundamental, underlying driver causing death of brain neurons in AD.
Experienced, complementary management team with outstanding scientific and business advisory boards.
Significant risk mitigation/reduction of ProMIS proposed products
Big pharma spent $BB on failed, or partially successful clinical trials. Results of these trials clearly indicate the ideal target product profile, i.e., to succeed, products must target the toxic prion form of Amyloid beta, and not target the other forms of Amyloid beta.
ProMIS products are designed to target uniquely these toxic strains of Amyloid beta.
||Website: ProMis Neuroscience
Stock Info: tmx.com/PMN
- All information provided is “as is” for informational and educational purposes only, and not intended for trading or investment advice. 8020 does not advocate the purchase or sale of a security or investment mentioned and recommends any investment advice should be obtained through professional and licensed investment advisors.
- 8020 Connect does not screen, audit, evaluate, endorse, recommend or represent a product, service, or the individual companies listed or posted on the 8020 site. Should you decide to purchase any product or service, advocate or invest in a company listed on 8020, you do so at your own risk.
- The information displayed on the 8020 site should not be construed as an offer to buy, sell, solicit or influence an investment decision by 8020 or its employees, officers, directors or consultants. Any investment or security referred to or learned about on the 8020 site are not suitable for all investors, and investment advice from a licensed investment advisor is highly recommended.
- It is possible that 8020 and its employees, officers, directors or consultants may have investments in a company listed on the 8020 site.
- 8020 Connect provides the technology platform for 8020 connect members on an “as is” and “as available” basis. 8020 Connect does not provide any express warranties or representations to the full extent permissible under the applicable law.
- 8020 Connect does not have an obligation to monitor user activity and therefore disclaims all liability for identity theft or other misuse of your identity or information.
- 8020 Connect does not guarantee that its services will function without interruption or errors during its service whether from external factors, internal maintenance, user issues, or any other reason. 8020 Connect disclaims all liability for damages or loss of income due to the above interruptions, errors or issues.