Expander reduces the environmental impact from the production and consumption of fossil fuels by advancing new or re-engineering existing technology processes to ultimately create cleaner burning fuels
In 1995, the Canadian government passed regulations to eliminate the burning of waste material. During this transition period, the founders of Expander Energy identified an opportunity to engineer a unique process utilizing the Fischer-Tropsch technology to convert the wood waste, or biomass material, into synthetic diesel. Unfortunately, the regulatory change created a frenzy of technologies and by-products for the wood waste material. The demand for wood waste became very competitive as other alternatives for the wood waste material quickly developed. Given this changing in environment, Expander needed to pivot the technology into an alternative industry sector. Expander’s technology and engineered processes allowed for multiple carbon inputs to be used in the creation of synthetic diesel. The challenge or opportunity was to identify an industry where the technology made economic sense.
It quickly became evident that western Canada’s energy sector was a prime target for the Expander technology. Expander was able to provide efficiencies and reduce the environmental impact on the transportation (midstream) and consumption ends of the industry. Specifically, Expander can convert Canadian natural gas into a greener burning synthetic diesel fuel. Expander continues to research new technologies and engineering processes to address other industries which impact the environment through their consumption, transportation or disposing of biomass resources.
Our revolutionary plant design combines a synthetic gas (syngas) generator (gasifier) with our Enhanced Fischer-Tropsch®(EFT®) process to produce SYNDIESEL® and SYNJET™ fuels. Expander has developed a proprietary process that enhances the existing technology used in the Fischer-Tropsch (F-T) process. Expander’s carbon utilization of feedstock significantly increases product output and eliminates low-value by-products. Our fuels can be economically delivered through existing fuel infrastructure.
Expander’s competitive advantage over standard F-T plants is our Enhanced Fischer-Tropsch® process which maximizes the production of high value diesel fuels and eliminates lower value by-products. These plants can provide superior profits at economic production rates of 300 – 20,000 bbls/day.
Enhanced Fischer-Tropsch® (EFT®) process
Expander’s innovative energy technology is based on the proven Fischer-Tropsch (F-T) process, in conjunction with its Enhanced Fischer-Tropsch® (EFT®) process to manufacture next generation synthetic fuels; SynDiesel® and SynJet™ . The EFT® process converts high carbon sources of feedstock, such as natural gas, bitumen residue, municipal solid waste (MSW) or biomass into liquid fuels. Expander’s patented (#CA 2731376 & CA#2751615) process creates an ultra-clean burning, high performance, zero sulfur, near zero aromatics diesel and jet fuel.
- FTCrude® Partial Upgrader process is used to convert bitumen to unique bottomless 20° to 24° API gravity Partially Upgraded Bitumen (PUB) with significant reduction in sulfur, heavy metals, naphthenic acid (TAN) and Conradson Carbon (CCR). PUB has preferred chemical and physical properties exceeding requirements for pipelining without diluent and is also preferential for refining. These properties exceed current WCS quality specifications.
- FTCrude® Full Upgrader process is used to convert bitumen to Sweet Synthetic Crude Oil (SCO) with 35° to 40° API gravity and 70+ cetane diesel fraction, exceeding current Alberta SCO specifications.
- FTCrude® Full Refinery process is used to convert bitumen to full specification refined products such as gasoline (ULSG), high cetane diesel (ULSD) and jet fuel (ULSJ) without the production of low value asphalt or petcoke.
- All information provided is “as is” for informational and educational purposes only, and not intended for trading or investment advice. 8020 does not advocate the purchase or sale of a security or investment mentioned and recommends any investment advice should be obtained through professional and licensed investment advisors.
- 8020 Connect does not screen, audit, evaluate, endorse, recommend or represent a product, service, or the individual companies listed or posted on the 8020 site. Should you decide to purchase any product or service, advocate or invest in a company listed on 8020, you do so at your own risk.
- The information displayed on the 8020 site should not be construed as an offer to buy, sell, solicit or influence an investment decision by 8020 or its employees, officers, directors or consultants. Any investment or security referred to or learned about on the 8020 site are not suitable for all investors, and investment advice from a licensed investment advisor is highly recommended.
- It is possible that 8020 and its employees, officers, directors or consultants may have investments in a company listed on the 8020 site.
- 8020 Connect provides the technology platform for 8020 connect members on an “as is” and “as available” basis. 8020 Connect does not provide any express warranties or representations to the full extent permissible under the applicable law.
- 8020 Connect does not have an obligation to monitor user activity and therefore disclaims all liability for identity theft or other misuse of your identity or information.
- 8020 Connect does not guarantee that its services will function without interruption or errors during its service whether from external factors, internal maintenance, user issues, or any other reason. 8020 Connect disclaims all liability for damages or loss of income due to the above interruptions, errors or issues.