PyroGenesis Canada Inc. is the world leader in the design, development, manufacture and commercialization of advanced plasma processes. We provide engineering and manufacturing expertise, as well as turnkey process equipment packages to the defense, metallurgical, mining, additive manufacturing (including 3D printing), oil & gas, and environmental industries.
Plasma is the fourth state of matter, the others being solid, liquid, and gas. Plasma typically consists of a mixture of ionized species, electrons and neutral particles. The sun is made up of plasma with inside temperature reaching 10,000,000 degrees Celcius.
Examples of man-made plasma include the light produced by a neon tube, as well as plasma cutting systems used to slice through metal. Thermal plasma can readily reach temperatures in excess of 10,000 degrees Celcius.
At PyroGenesis, we harness the unique properties of thermal plasma to melt and transform metal, to carry out high temperature chemical reactions and to convert waste into energy as well as wire to powder.
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING (3D PRINTING)
PyroGenesis is the inventor of Plasma Atomization. Patented in 2015, PyroGenesis’ System uses Plasma Atomization to make small, uniform, fully dense and spherical metal powders that flow like water, and which are highly sought after in the Additive Manufacturing (“AM”) industry.
PyroGenesis’ Plasma Atomization technology is recognized as the gold standard for producing 3D Printing Grade reactive metal powders, and addresses the exacting requirements of the AM industry. The system has the distinction of producing highly flowable, and very pure spherical metallic powders. Using wire as the feedstock, PyroGenesis’ system allows for a high level of traceability and unparalleled control of particle size which are critical requirements.
The standard offering includes commercially pure titanium (CPTi), grade 1, Ti 6Al-4V, grades 5 and 23, as well as Inconel; however customary offerings can be made.
Plasma Arc Waste Destruction System (PAWSD)
(PAWDS) is the world’s most compact, easy-to-operate, high temperature, plasma-based waste treatment system. PAWDS effectively destroys combustible wastes such as paper, plastics, food, oily rags, as well as waste oil, all with minimal segregation. Developed by our team in partnership with the US Department of Defense, PAWDS has been specified into all of the Gerald R. Ford Class supercarriers, and has been ordered by their contracted shipyard for their first two ships in this class: the CVN-78 USS Gerald R. Ford and the CVN-79 USS John F. Kennedy.
Using as a platform as the PAWDS process developed for waste destruction on board the Gerald R. Ford Class aircraft carriers, the Tactical Plasma Arc Chemical Warfare Agents Destruction System, or Tactical PACWADS is designed to rapidly and safely destroy a wide range of chemical warfare agents (CWAs), as well as their precursors reagents in the field.
MINING AND METALLURGY
PUREVAPTM is a patent pending one-step proprietary process that uses a plasma arc within a vacuum furnace to removing all impurities and transforming it to its purest form, resulting in a high purity silicon. It is expected that the silicon grades produced by PUREVAPTM could be used for different applications, including solar energy.
- All information provided is “as is” for informational and educational purposes only, and not intended for trading or investment advice. 8020 does not advocate the purchase or sale of a security or investment mentioned and recommends any investment advice should be obtained through professional and licensed investment advisors.
- 8020 Connect does not screen, audit, evaluate, endorse, recommend or represent a product, service, or the individual companies listed or posted on the 8020 site. Should you decide to purchase any product or service, advocate or invest in a company listed on 8020, you do so at your own risk.
- The information displayed on the 8020 site should not be construed as an offer to buy, sell, solicit or influence an investment decision by 8020 or its employees, officers, directors or consultants. Any investment or security referred to or learned about on the 8020 site are not suitable for all investors, and investment advice from a licensed investment advisor is highly recommended.
- It is possible that 8020 and its employees, officers, directors or consultants may have investments in a company listed on the 8020 site.
- 8020 Connect provides the technology platform for 8020 connect members on an “as is” and “as available” basis. 8020 Connect does not provide any express warranties or representations to the full extent permissible under the applicable law.
- 8020 Connect does not have an obligation to monitor user activity and therefore disclaims all liability for identity theft or other misuse of your identity or information.
- 8020 Connect does not guarantee that its services will function without interruption or errors during its service whether from external factors, internal maintenance, user issues, or any other reason. 8020 Connect disclaims all liability for damages or loss of income due to the above interruptions, errors or issues.